Hmmm, I’ve seen this five cloud trends Gartner retweet before. It points to a press release that hypes a Gartner report entitled “Five Cloud Computing Trends That Will Affect Your Cloud Strategy Through 2015.” There’s nothing too startling in the press release: Gartner tries to dispel “confusion and misunderstanding” perpetrated by vendors. My sense is the CIOs are not all that confused about the cloud – effective deployments are the issue.
My favorite cloud retweet this week is number 5 from Infoworld blogger and Blue Mountain Labs CTO David S. Linthicum, whose cloud tweets are consistently rewteeted a lot. This tweet has very practical advice, such as starting out on the public cloud with a tactical problem. Number three should be left off this list – the link does not work.
1. @gartner_inc Gartner: Five Cloud Computing Trends That Will Affect Cloud Strategy Through 2015 http://t.co/iN585sdI
2. @neeliekroeseu I want #cloud computing to happen not “to” Europe – but “with” Europe http://t.co/CdjIg5U1 #cloud_eif
3. @gonzalezcarmen 11 Tips for Successful #Cloud Computing Adoption [@CAinc booth @CloudExpo] ▸ http://t.co/uKlb273Q #BigData @AndiMann http://t.co/EStcWPus
4. @nimsoft Gartner outlines 5 cloud computing trends that will affect #cloud strategy through 2015: http://t.co/6AqwAB9v
5. @davidlinthicum 3 best practices for your cloud computing first-timers http://t.co/VHFujfWa
6. @hpnews “HP receives Army cloud computing contract” – @AP http://t.co/NxiJqFpU …press release here: http://t.co/Dj2xXQsT $HPQ #hp
7. @michaelwolf New report from @GigaOMPro puts the total cloud computing market at $159 billion by 2014: http://t.co/3yvTNrD7 #cloud #cloudcomputing
8. @wyseemea 9 Trends That Impact The Future Of Mobile Cloud Computing | http://t.co/7u8FYzIH – Cloud Computing Community http://t.co/eqPmGiLE
9. @ala_techsource The Reality of the Cloud: Implications of Cloud Computing for Mobile Library Technologies http://t.co/6vn9vCK4
10. @thecloudnetwork #Cloud #News Cloud Computing and Cloud Services Stocks Rise 26% In 1Q 2012 – TalkinCloud (blog): Cloud Computing..
As usual, our note on the methodology here: We leverage Topsy to determine the most retweeted (popular) Tweets and then filter through for what we think is the best information for CIOs. Numbers 9 and 10 did not have retweets, but were added for relevance.
What were you Tweet favs this week?
Follow me on Twitter.